Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jul 20, 2009

Taco Bell making fun of Hip Hop

Give me tacos and nachos and watch your hoes
T-A-C-O-B-E-L-L



I have mixed feeling about this commercial. On the one hand it is pretty funny, the song is somewhat catchy and even some real music videos look worse than this commercial.
I can't deny either that the mockery is understandable as some Hip Hop artists behave like this and it is absolutely ridiculous.

On the other hand, however, I'm not a friend of using stereotypes. Of course Hip Hop has often used Bling Bling, Cars, Girls etc. but Hip Hop is not only that what Taco Bell displays here. Moreover, it's controversial how there are two white rappers. I don't want to start a race discussion but I would have prefered if they had taken a black and a white actor. Maybe even rather a latin person since Taco Bell is obviously making money off using Mexican food.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment