Related Posts with Thumbnails

Aug 29, 2009

Drake working with Justin Timberlake, Andre 3000 & Sade

Collaborating with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Eminem apparently is not enough for Drake as he is now hitting studio with Justin Timberlake. The Canadian rapper revealed the matter in a phone chat with DJ Drama on Hot 107.9 radio, adding that Timbaland is part of the collaboration.

In addition, Drake shared that his first studio album "Thank Me Later" will have contribution from Sade and OutKast's Andre Benjamin a.k.a Andre 3000. "I'm trying to make this song happen, man, It'd mean the world to me. I'm trying to make this happen for my album. It'd be me, Andre 3000 and Sade," he said.

"I know that I have to carry the majority of the weight by myself," Drake explained further as quoted by MTV. "The features have to be carefully picked. I could call on every favor that's owed to me or to everybody that's reached out and said they wanna work. But that may be a silly decision on my part. Because I don't wanna take away from myself carrying my first album. So that record [potentially with Andre 3000 and Sade] is something important to me."

"Obviously [I'm gonna work with] Wayne. I'm out here really trying to get something special with Justin. Hovito [Jay-Z], we might need to get him. The track on this album was a real catchy joint. But people wanna hear us rap together. That's one of my goals, to have that track with me and Jay. Maybe don't even have a hook, maybe. Have just like you haven't heard him in a minute, just going bars for bars. That might be something you'll hear on the album."

"Thank Me Later" is tentatively scheduled to be released near Valentine's Day in 2010.

A Sade collabo is so unexpected. Could be very interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment