Related Posts with Thumbnails

Aug 20, 2009

Review on David Guetta's Album "One Love"

David Guetta, a French producer who took over the world with his smash "When Love Takes Over" featuring ex-Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland.

Guetta's album also takes off with this song but falls down as fast as it went up. "WLTO" is a catchy song and it was definitely a good move to release that song although I'm so sick of hearing it everywhere..."When love takes over yeahhh yeeeeaaah yeaaaah". Blah STFU.

The second track is "Gettin Over" feat. Chris Willis. When the song starts you think "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas is going to be played. Not too surprising since "I Gotta Feeling" is produced by David Guetta. After that you'd might be reminded of "Love Is Gone". Yep, that ish sounds recycled. And it can go back to the bin in a sec. Bye.

"Sexy Bitch" is definitely a highlight on the album. Although the lyrics pretty much suck (I'm trynna find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectul / damn girl/ damn you's a sexy bitch) this song is catchy as hell. Good stuff.

The next song is called "Memories" features Kid Cudi and it's decent. The instrumental is actually kinda nice. It might be a grower.

Half of the Black Eyed Peas (Will.I.Am & Apl.De.Ap) are featured on "On The Dancefloor" and I tell ya this beat is so freaking annoying. That's not a good look since I love BEP and can't get into this mess.

Since "When Love Takes Over" was such a huge hit Guetta felt like adding some more Kelly Rowland on his album so here we go: "It's The Way You Love Me".
I can't stand it.

The 7th song called "Missing You" features Novel who already worked with Alicia Keys, Leona Lewis and Sugababes. This song goes into the category: It's aiight. Nothing more.

Afterwards we get to hear "Choose". An interesting song since Ne-Yo and Kelly Rowland are on it. You get to hear a Ne-Yo in a way you hear him rarely. Like I said this song is interesting.

"How Soon Is Love" follows up then. This time Julie McKnight is allowed to put her vocals on it. Meh.

The 1oth song is the remix for "I Gotta Feeling". You know the song and you don't need to listen to this cause the original is amazing.

Estelle sings on "One Love" and I feel like I have heard this song already.

"I Wanna Go Crazy" feats Will.I.Am sounds actually pretty hot. That kinda song that makes you "Go Crazy" dancing on the dancefloor. Me likey.

Chris Willis is also on "Sound Of Letting Go" and I won't comment further on that because I'm about to get a head ache listening to this.

The next song is a song I was anticipating the most: Toyfriend featuring Wynter Gordon. Wynter is an artist who doesn't seem to get the chance to shine in the spotlight although she's mad talented as you also can hear on this piece. Love it.

Track 15 and the last song is called "If We Ever". Makeba Riddick is the artist who is delivering the vocals to this track and I gotta say she sounds good. I like that song.


After getting through the album I just put some ol' Whitney on. Need some quality "MUSIC", you know. I actually refuse to call this electronic "music" music.
I don't wanna sound like I hate dance music which is not the case, I just don't accept everything especially if it sounds recycled and all the same like it happened to David Guetta's album who will probably be mad successful with this album because everybody is so into dance and all the crap. Can't wait till this is outdated.

To sum it up, I prefer having Timbaland "collecting" artists to get them on an album than David Guetta trying to do the same.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment