Related Posts with Thumbnails

Oct 3, 2009

Beyoncé: I'd like to do a film loosely based on my father's childhood

What do you do to maintain your tour stamina? I heard a rumor that you run on a treadmill in heels and sing.


[Laughs heartily] No, I don't run on a treadmill in heels. That's a bit extreme. But I do practice my choreography in heels. And I have a rule that when I have my heels on, everyone has to have their heels on too. Sometimes the dancers are like, "Oh, God, we hope Beyoncé comes in late," because I'll go all day. And in the end, I'll have blisters and my toes will have bruises. It's really hard sometimes. I still do all the boring things that everyone else does in regular workouts like squats and the treadmill. But I mainly get in shape from doing the choreography during those long 12-hour rehearsals for two months before a tour.
What else is on your to-do list?


I'm interested in a lot of different things. I'd like to get involved in videogames since I really love Wii Fit. I think it would be a great idea to incorporate choreography because for me my workout is way more fun when it involves dancing as opposed to running on a boring treadmill. So I would love to do some kind of fitness game but incorporate dance and performance into it. I think a lot of women would enjoy that.


I also want to continue to produce films -- even if I'm not in them -- as well as a documentary on my life. Actually, I'd like to do a film loosely based on my father's [Mathew Knowles] childhoodand school years. He's had an interesting life. But that will probably be in a couple of years.



Is there a chance you'll start your own label?



Yes, eventually, when I have time. I'm doing so many things, I have to slow down a bit so I can focus. [laughs]


Have you thought about taking a longer break after this tour?

I think after maybe a month or two months, I'd be really bored. But I don't see myself working this hard for the rest of my life. It's just too much to do forever. I thank God I started touring and building a fan base when I was really young. So now if I took off a couple of years, I think I'd still be able to come back, go on tour and do records. I'm still a young woman.


Read full interview


Ehh. If she ever does that Mathew movie I'll go on strike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment