Related Posts with Thumbnails

Oct 1, 2009

Fat Joe Calls Out Slacking Emcees, "A Lot Of Rappers Can't Make Hooks"

Fat Joe recently spoke out about the lack of quality albums in today's rap climate and said a surprising number of rappers are incapable of making hooks for their records.

Joey Crack also said he places a strong emphasis on making all of his music sound like "hit" records.

"A lot of albums I hear these days sound like mixtapes," Joey said in an interview. "Believe it or not, a lot of rappers can't make hooks. So it's not a coincidence when you hear your favorite rapper with sampled hooks and they just don't know how to make it. It's a lot of albums that sound like f*cking mixtapes. So when I make an album, I just try to make big records and big songs and make 'em huge to where I'm just trying to make every record a hit. Even if I'm making an underground hardcore record, I'll try to put a real strong hook so it can still feel real big. I hate getting albums and it sounds like one big mixtape." (On Smash)

Fat Joe recently updated fans on his delayed J.O.S.E. Part II album and said he is considering a name change for the follow-up project.

"We worked very hard for this, October 6th, my album Jealous Ones Still Envy Part Two," Joe revealed in an interview last week. "Lil Kim on that album, Weezy on that album, Akon, T-Pain, Fabolous, Raekwon, I ain't even play that Raekwon The Chef yet. It's called 'Ice Cream Man.' Get at me...I like to think I'm better than ever...We talking about a future album, one after this. Probably no more Fat Joe, probably Fat Gangsta is coming. 360. So we just gonna go in so hard, body on that thing like just killing people. The whole joint is gonna be straight violence on that joint right there, so, look out for that. That's the Fat Gangsta, the return of the Fat Gangsta, 'Flow Joe, fat n*gga with the shotty...'" (Invasion Radio)

The Terror Squad leader's J.O.S.E. 2 was initially slated to drop on May 19th.

"I got bad news for everyone," Joe wrote on Twitter unmodified. "My album got pushed back. Monday I will have the new date!!!!!! I'm just as upset as ya!!!! CRACK!!! We pushed my album back my brother, sample clearance, you know. The album is coming late June." (Fat Joe's Twitter)

He previously spoke about the album's motivation with radio personality Jenny Boom Boom.

"The album will be in stores April 7," he promised in an interview last February. "I've just been making that hit mania...It just feels big. My first album Jealous Ones Still Envy was my biggest album and I haven't did no album to this day that I felt I made music as big as that. So I just went hit mania on this one right here. It feels great." (Jenny Boom Boom)

I'm astonished he even said that, especially with 50 cent dissing him I thought he would of learnt his lesson by now, but NOO.. he had to be a smart ass and diss other unexperienced rappers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment